Diploma In Social Work & Community Development
This course is one of Nairobi Aviation college courses.It is intended to equip the trainee with knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable him or her to perform and manage development activities in society.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
The trainee should be able to :
1. Understand various intervention measures in solving social problems in a society.
2. Use local resources to Empower the society in order to become self-reliant.
3. Appreciate the role of communication in social work
4. Understand various methods and approaches used in social and community development activities.
5. Appreciate the importance of involving other professionals in the development and solving social problems in a society.
6. Promote ethical, legal practices and gender issues in appraising and solving social and development problems.
7. Appreciate the importance of self entrepreneurial skills in the national development.
8. Equip the trainee with knowledge, skills and attitude to prevent the spread of HIH/AIDS and other pandemic.
1.Social workers in various sectors
2.Community capacity building offers
3. Community based organization offers
4. Project management offers
5. HIV/AIDS management coordinator